- The Guar ki Phalli or Cluster Bean (Cyamopsis tetragonolobus) is an annual legume and the source of guar gum.
- It grows best under conditions with frequent rainfall, but tolerates arid conditions well.
- About 80% of world production occurs in India.
- Young, fresh cluster beans have a narrow and long body with tiny pods. They are harvested for vegetable use.
- From the mature pods the seeds are harvested to be dried and powdered to flour known as guar gum. Guar gum is used as thickening agent in commercial food preparations like ice creams and as a stabilizer in cheese and cold-meat processing.etc.
- Cluster Beans are not only low in calories but are also very effective in lowering the blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Guar ki Phalli Chopped