English Name: Dried Ground Ginger
Common Indian Name (Hindi): Sond
- Sond (Dried Ground Ginger) is basically powdered dry ginger that is used in various recipes.
- Dried ginger is extensively used for as a condiment and for food flavoring including pies, puddings, cookies, biscuits. It is also used for beverage flavoring including tea, ginger ale and ginger beer.
- Dried ginger is available in both whole fingers and slices. Before use it is soaked in recipe liquid.
- Ginger aids in digestion and cures digestion related problems. It is helpful in diarrhea and stomach cramping.
- Ginger is effective against nausea related to both motion sickness and morning sickness.
- It helps in relieving pain and reduce inflammation.
- Reduces arthritis, rheumatism and muscle spasms.
- Ginger also circulates the blood, removes toxins, cleanse the bowels and kidneys.
- It also aids in all the skin related problems.
- It is said that it also aid in the treatment of asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory problems