English Name: Orange/Red Lentil (Skinned and Split)
Common Indian Name (Hindi): Dhuli Masoor ki Dal
- Orange Lentil (Skinned and Split) is called as Masoor dal is India.
- It is mild in flavor, versatile and quick in cooking.
- It is easy to digest and cooked without soaking.
- Lentil is an excellent supplement to cereal grain diets because of its good protein/carbohydrate content. Protein content ranges from 22 to 35%, but the nutritional value is low because lentil is deficient in the amino acids methionine and cystine.
- Lentil pairs well with tomatoes and kheema/ground red meats, sausages, and may be served on their own as a side dish, or incorporated into soups, stews and salads.