English name: Dry Fenugreek Leaves
Common Indian Name (Hindi): Kasuri Methi
- Kasoori methi are dried fenugreek leaves (Trigonella foenum graecum). They are used in Indian cooking and taste similar to a combination of celery and fennel with a slightly bitter bite.
- Kasuri Methi imparts a rich aromatic odor and exotic flavor in distinct dishes. Typically the leaves are crumbled and sprinkled over meat and vegetable curries before serving.
- Apart from imparting exotic aroma in the food items, Kasuri Methi has many beneficial properties of fenugreek.
- Kasuri Methi is available in Indian grocery stores. It is packaged in moisture resistant poly-pouches of different sizes.
- Kasur is a city in Pakistan which is famous for fenugreek.