Common Indian Name (Hindi): Khubani
in about 3000 BC. India
- Apricots are seen as a cancer fighter, especially within regards to smoking related illnesses, such as lung cancer.
- They are said to be a great fruit for people suffering from constipation, high blood pressure, anemia and all skin and respiratory conditions.
- Apricots contain vast amounts of the antioxidant beta- carotene, which is a form of Vitamin A that is successful by preventing specific cancers including lung and skin. In general the brighter the fruit, the more beta-carotene is contained in it.
- Apricots are enriched with both magnesium and calcium; these minerals are thought to help prevent the bone disease osteoporosis.
- Apricots are reported to be useful as they create antibodies, stabilize sugar levels and improve the transportation of oxygen in the blood.
- Apricots are also a great source of iron, especially for women who are trying to have a baby.
- Apricots are high in soluble fiber, which helps maintain regular bowel function.