Method to prepare crispy brown onion slices:
- Cut 2 medium sized onions in half, lengthwise and then crosswise into very thin slices.
- Heat the oil in a large, wide, and preferably non stick pan over medium high flame.
- When hot put in the onion slices.
- Stir and fry for about 8-10 minutes or until the onions are reddish brown color.
- Remove the onions with slotted spoon, squeezing out and leaving behind as much oil as you can. Spread the onions out on a paper towel to soak up excess oil. Use the remaining oil for making curries.
- Garnish Meat, Chicken, Curries, Dals, Pulao/Biryani etc with the crispy fried onions.
- You can store fried onions in a closed container for later use.