English Name: Indian Baby Pumpkin
Common Indian Name (Hindi): Tinda
- The Tinda (Citrullus vulgaris) also called Indian round gourd or apple gourd or Indian Baby Pumpkin.
- It is a squash like cucurbit grown for its immature fruit, (culinary vegetable) especially popular in South Asia.
- Green colored, apple sized fruit is flattish round in shape, 5-8 centimeter in diameter and about 50-60 grams in weight.
- It is native to India and very popular in Indian and Pakistani cooking with curry and many gourmet dishes.
- It is a good source of Vitamin A.